$30k in Damage After Sheds Burn in Port Sydney
The Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Deparment reminds everyone that daytime burning is not allowed. The Fire Department responded to a call this past Sunday where 2 sheds were on fire in Port Sydney. While the crews were able to stop the fire, the total damage was nearly $30,000. The cause of the fire was a barrel, which the homeowner was burning materials in. The Fire Department says that failure to comply with the open-air burning by-law could result in big fines.