Bracebridge - 2 Charged in Relation to Theft from Vehicles
Bracebridge OPP say they are investigating several incidents of thefts from vehicles that have occurred during the past month and have arrested and charged two individuals.
Police have charged 28 year-old Glen Werney of Gravenhurst in relation to a theft from a vehicle on John Street on May 30, 2020 and the subsequent use of the stolen credit cards in area stores. His charges include:
- Theft Under $5000 from a Motor Vehicle
- Fraud Under $5000 CC 380(1)(b) X 6
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime CC 354(1)(a)
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime CC 354(1)(a) X 5
He will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Bracebridge on August 25th, 2020 to answer to his charges.
Police have also charged 43 year-old Patrick Linck of Gravenhurst in relation to thefts from vehicles between June 23 and 24, 2020 in the area of Pinegrove Street and David Street in Gravenhurst. His charges include:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime CC 354(1)(a) X
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon CC 90
- Possession of Schedule I Substance (Opioid) CDSA 4(1)
- Fail to Comply with Probation CC 733.1(1) X 3
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance CC 145(3)
He will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Bracebridge on September 1, 2020 to answer to his charges.