Bracebridge Closes Some Facilities
The Town of Bracebridge has closed some of its facilities in light of COVID19.
The Town will continually update its website at bracebridge.ca with any changes to town services as a
result of COVID-19.
Further information is available from the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit website.
Following the announcement from the Provincial Government yesterday that all schools will be closed until
April 5, the Town is making changes to services offered by the Recreation department out of an abundance
of caution. Those impacted by cancelled programs will be contacted directly. The following changes will be
effective as of 8 p.m. Friday March 13, 2020:
• The Bracebridge Sportsplex, the Bracebridge Memorial Arena and the Bracebridge Public Library
will be closed and all programs and services offered to the public will be cancelled until further
• The Bracebridge Memorial Arena will remain open for a private facility rental for the remainder of
• Recreation Department reception hours for phone inquiries will be 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Any program cancellations as a result of this closure will receive a pro-rated refund.
• Any rental cancellations as a result of this closure will receive a full refund.
• PASS Holders please contact the Recreation Department.
The Municipal Office will remain open during regular office hours, and Town staff are ensuring increased
sanitizing practices on all common touch points and public spaces at all Town facilities and on the
Bracebridge Public Transit bus. People who wish to come to the Municipal Office should self-assess before
visiting, and are able to contact the office by phone at (705) 645-5264 for assistance.