Flight From Police Results In Charges For Huntsville Man
A Huntsville area man is facing charges after OPP attempted to conduct a traffic stop of a pickup truck driving west bound on Highway 60, in the Hidden Valley area of Huntsville at around 4:30am this morning.
Police say the pickup failed to stop and fled. Eventually the truck came to a stop and the driver got out of the pickup and ran.
53 year old James Rye was apprehended by police and faces charges of:
- Flight from Police
- Theft of a motor vehicle
- Mischief to property
- Possession of break in instruments
- Two counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
- Two counts of fail to comply with Probation Order
- Fail to comply with Release Order
- Fail to comply with Undertaking
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance-Cocaine
RYE is being held for a bail hearing scheduled May 12th 2020.