Gravenhurst Releases Report On Visitor Experience
The Town of Gravenhurst’s Economic Development department released results from 2018’s Visitor Survey yesterday.
The information is providing valuable insight into visitor’s experiences to the community:
- Most visitors are returning, and primarily here to visit friends and family.
- Visitors are travelling to multiple locations during their visit, especially if staying more than one day.
- Day-Trippers and Weekenders have the highest ratios of children and youth.
- Age groups between 18-30 make up the largest percentage of mid-week and extended visitors.
- An average of $864 is spent per group or $310 per adult, per visit.
Visitors identified their specific wants and needs which include providing later store hours, new restaurants, clothing and a movie theatre.
Respondents also cited a weekend farmers’ market, music events/festivals, boating/cruises, evening entertainment, new culinary experiences or events, as new attractions they would like to see.