Gravenhurst Reminds Residents of No Daytime Burning
The Town of Gravenhurst is reminding residents and visitors that daytime burning is prohibited until October 31.
The Town says contained and supervised fires are permitted 2 hours before sunset, throughout the night to 2 hours after sunrise the next morning. Ward 1, has an absolute prohibition at all times.
The Town says
- Only class A combustibles are permitted to burn,
- Fires must be 15 metres from all structures and vehicles and 5 meters from any forest area,
- Fires cannot exceed 2 X 2 metres in size,
- Fires are not permitted in windy conditions and smoke cannot impair motorists or other residents,
- Fires must be attended at all times with a water supply readily available,
Fines range between $200 to $350 per offence, along with other emergency service related fines.