Man Faces Litany of Drug Charges After Fleeing Police
On Saturday May 26th Police (OPP) were dispatched to a collision on Highway 11 North, just south of Gravenhurst. Witnesses reported that one driver fled the scene on foot.
Officers arrived and determined that the suspect vehicle had been reported as stolen. Police conducted a thorough search of the area and located the suspect who had sustained an injury to his ankle in his attempts to flee from police.
Police have charged 43 year-old Aaron Thompson of Toronto with:
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
• Possession of Schedule I Substance - Methamphetamine
• Possession of Schedule II Substance - Marijuana
• Fail to Stop at the Scene of an Accident
• Unlawfully at Large
• Driving While Disqualified
• Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime
• Fail to Comply with Probation
The accused was held in custody and will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Bracebridge on June 8, 2018 for a bail hearing.