Motorcyclist Charged After Shots Fired During Vehicle Chase
The Huntsville OPP have arrested and charged 28 year old Shawn Harwood of Lake of Bays Township after they received a report of shots being fired while a vehicle was being chased by a motorcycle east bound on Britannia Road.
Police say the vehicle being chased was eventually forced off the road and the motorcycle fled west bound on Britannia Road.
On Saturday, Police located Harwood, who was arrested and found to be non-complaint with two previous release orders and charged with:
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Mischief to property under $5000
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Failure to stop after accident
- Two counts of failure to comply with release order.
The accused was held in custody until today, and will appear in a Huntsville Court.
Police say there were no injuries to any of the involved parties and no danger existed to the general public.