No Daytime Burning Rules Take Effect
The Town of Gravenhurst By-law and Fire Dept. is advising that starting today, daytime burning is prohibited until October 31.
In Ward 1, all open air burning is prohibited at all times. Areas outside of Ward 1 are permitted contained and supervised fires (2) hours before sunset through to (2) hours after sunrise, however are not permitted to burn during the day.
The Fire Dept says that
- Only class A Combustibles can be burned
- Fires must be 15 metres from all structures and vehicles and 5 metres from any forested area
- Fires cannot exceed 2 X 2 metres in size
- Fires are not permitted in windy conditions
- Smoke cannot impair motorists or other residents
- Fires must be attended at all times with a water supply readily available
Fines ranging between $200.00 to $350.00 can be levied if these regulations are not followed.