Pair Face Multiple Drugs Charges After Police Raid
Yesterday the Muskoka Community Street Crime Unit executed a search warrant at a Douglas Street address in Bracebridge with the assistance of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and the Canine Unit and arrested and charged two parties. Police seized over $10,000 worth of controlled substances including cocaine, fentanyl, carfentanil, heroin, methadone, cannabis marihuana, and MDMA. Police also seized over $10,000 in currency and three prohibited weapons.
27 year old Brandon Begin and 33 year old Kirsten Veinott, both of Bracebridge, face a number charges including:
- Four (4) counts of Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of a Schedule II substance for the purpose of Trafficking
- Two (2) counts of Possession of a Schedule I Substance
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime
- Two (2) counts of Possession of a prohibited device
- Possession of an Imitation Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Three (3) counts of Possession of a Weapon contrary to a Prohibition Order
The two accused are being held in custody for a bail hearing today in Bracebridge.