Proposed Short Term Rental By-law comes before Bracebridge Council next week
The Town of Bracebridge has a new draft outlining licencing and fines for Short Term Rentals (STR’s) ready for approval and immediate implementation.
Proposed fees include:
- $250 a year for the License to operate a STR
- $2,000,000 in public or general liability insurance
Proposed Fines include:
- $200 for failure to comply with required insurance coverage
- $500 for attempts to obstruct staff duties in accordance with the By-law
- $500 for operating a STR without a licence, with each additional day being a separate offence
The License doesn’t guarantee future approval to operate a STR.
All STR’s are to be filed for 6 years, and include the rental periods and cost per night, and must be available to the Licence issuer within 30 days upon request.
The Chief By-law Enforcement Officer can refuse to issue, cancel, or suspend applications if By-law requirements are not met, the rental is causing a public nuisance, or is otherwise in conflict with public interest. Appeals may be issued to the Chief Administrative Officer of the Town.
Staff request this By-law be approved in the May 18th Council meeting and take effect immediately afterward.