MuskokaONline.com News - #GOTLOCAL

Smoke Alarm Credited With Saving Family's Life

Posted: 2020-10-13 15:21:39 By: thebay

A working smoke alarm is being credited for waking up and saving a family of three at a Gravenhurst seasonal home on Saturday. Shortly after 10 pm, Gravenhurst Firefighters responded to a Peninsula Road home for a report of a dishwasher that had caught on fire.

Fire crews learned that the sleeping family of three were awakened minutes before by the sound of their smoke alarm. The parents discovered a fire in the dishwasher, called 9-1-1.

The Fire Dept says this is a story with a happy ending because of a simple, life-saving smoke alarm worked as it should.

Damage is estimated at $1000.00. An electrical malfunction is suspected as the cause of this incident.


Day:Saturday-datenum:6-CurrentDate:2020-10-24-Weekit:a