MuskokaONline.com News - #GOTLOCAL

Woman Hurt By Exploding Battery

Posted: 2019-07-09 07:54:19 By: hbr

The Kearney Fire Dept is reminding its residents to only burn clean wood and not other household items and garbage.

On Sunday evening at approximately 6:30pm Kearney Fire responded to a resident who was attending their campfire when there was an explosion. The resident was hit by a piece of a battery that was in the pile of items they were burning.

A 49 year old woman was transported to hospital to be treated for her injuries.