Almaguin OPP Deal With 4 Impaired Drivers in 48 Hours
With Festive R.I.D.E. (Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere) underway police are focusing on getting impaired drivers off the road this holiday season.
Almaguin Highlands OPP say that between Friday December 14, 2018 and Saturday December 15, they arrested and charged four drivers with impaired driving.
At approximately 6:00 A.M. on Friday officers received a traffic complaint and stopped the vehicle near Commercial Drive, in Armour Township. Police investigation lead to the arrest of the driver, 55 year old Gus Kouboules, of Hamilton for:
- Driving while ability impaired by drug,
- Fail to comply with probation order,
- Possession of over 30 grams dried cannabis in pubic place,
- Driving while under suspension,
- Drive motor vehicle, no validation on plate,
- Possessing unmarked cigarettes,
The accused was remanded into custody and is to appear at the Parry Sound Court Thursday.