Coyote sightings on the rise
The Town of Bracebridge’s By-Law Enforcement branch is warning of increased coyote sightings around town.
If you encounter a coyote:
- Never approach or touch a coyote;
- Do not turn your back on, or run from, a coyote;
- Back away from the coyote while remaining calm;
- Stand tall, wave your hands and make lots of noise;
- Carry a flashlight at night to scare off coyotes;
- Keep an eye on children and pets at all times;
- Do not feed pets outdoors or let them chase coyotes; and
- If a coyote poses an immediate threat or danger to public safety, call 911.
The MNR is responsible for the management of wildlife including coyotes. Town staff report all sightings to the Ministry for awareness.