Two Hurt Fleeing Police - Facing Multiple Charges
Two people were seriously hurt after colliding with a parked car allegedly trying to evade police in the early morning hours of Aug 23rd.
Police (OPP) say they had set up a RIDE program on Main Street in Huntsville around 2am, when a vehicle drove through and failed to stop. The vehicle was located abandoned after being involved in a collision with a parked car on Main St West.
Police apprehended the vehicle occupants a short distance away after they fled the scene, and transported them to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The driver, 32-year-old Tyler Shakespeare of Bracebridge was arrested and charged with:
- Dangerous operation of a vehicle causing bodily harm
- Refuse to provide a blood sample
- Fail to stop at a collision scene
- Flight from police
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking in a schedule I controlled substance - Opioid
- Numerous additional Highway Traffic Act offences and regulations
The 24-year-old female passenger and resident of Huntsville remains in hospital suffering serious injury.