TEXT SIZE: Decrease text size Reset text size Increase text size Print Page

MuskokaONline.com News - #GOTLOCAL

Unattended candle causes fire resulting in $5K in damages
Get Local News!

Unattended candle causes fire resulting in $5K in damages

Posted: 2024-07-08 13:37:36 By: thebay

Firefighters from the Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Dept Station 1 Huntsville and Station Five in Port Sydney responded to a structure fire reported on Ravensglen Crescent on Sunday.

When crews arrived, firefighters found the aftermath of a small fire in a bedroom, which had been caused by an unsupervised candle.

The occupants had managed to extinguish the fire before the fire department arrived. Estimated damages amount to approximately $5000.

The Fire Department emphasizes the importance of extinguishing burning candles before leaving a room or going to bed, ensuring they are completely out and not smoldering.

In the event of a fire at home or work, evacuate immediately, call 911 from a safe location outside the building, and remain away from danger until help arrives.