Bracebridge public works offers tips for winter
The Town of Bracebridge’s Public Works team says they are ready for colder temperatures and the winter months ahead. Public Works are responsible for winter road patrol, snow plowing, sanding and salting, sidewalk maintenance and snow removal.
The Town says you can do your part to be prepared for the winter months ahead for the safety of yourself and others:
- Ensure there are no vehicles parked on the road between 2 and 6 am. On-street parking is prohibited during that time from October 16 to April 15;
- Clear drains, sewers and downspouts of excess ice and snow to ensure proper drainage;
- Have a 72-hour emergency kit ready in the event of an emergency. The content of your kit should be able to support you and your family for at least 72 hours;
- Keep an eye on children and choose play areas away from roads, water, fences and the end of driveways; and
- Be a good neighbour. Check in on seniors and vulnerable members of the community to ensure they are warm and safe.
Town of Bracebridge crews are responsible for maintaining approximately 322 km of District and municipal roads and 60 km of sidewalks.