Huntsville Assessment Prioritizes COVID Testing
The Algonquin Family Health Team which operates the Huntsville COVID Testing Centre have updated their policies on PCR testing.
The Ministry of Health issued updated provincial testing guidance on December 30th, and the assessment centre will offer PCR testing only to those with an increased risk of severe outcomes including:
- patient-facing healthcare workers with symptoms;
- Patients in hospital or in the emergency room, at the discretion of the clinician with symptoms;
- staff, residents, essential care providers and visitors in hospitals and congregate living settings, including long-term care, retirement homes, First Nation elder care lodges, group homes, shelters, hospices, temporary foreign worker settings and correctional institutions with symptoms;
- people who are from First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities and individuals travelling into these communities for work with or without symptoms;
- under-housed or homeless individuals with symptoms;
- individuals 70+ years of age with a risk factor such as obesity, diabetes or kidney disease with symptoms.
Employers are asked to familiarize themselves with the new testing guidelines before sending staff for a test at an assessment centre.