TEXT SIZE: Decrease text size Reset text size Increase text size Print Page

MuskokaONline.com News - #GOTLOCAL

Garage fire sends one person to hospital
Get Local News!

Garage fire sends one person to hospital

Posted: 2024-04-26 13:53:13 By: thebay

Yesterday at around 7:45 pm Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Fighters from Station Two in Port Cunnington and Station One in Huntsville responded to reports of an electrical heater on fire in a detached garage on Spring Lake Road in Dwight.

Upon arrival, fire fighters discovered a small fire in an electrical outlet box on an interior wall of the garage with an electrical heater plugged into it. The electricity to the garage was quickly isolated and the fire extinguished. The damage is estimated to be under one thousand dollars.

One person was transported to the Huntsville Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. They have since been released from the hospital and are recovering at home.

The Fire Department reminds residents that if a fire occurs in your home or workplace to get out and stay out, call 911 from outside of the building and away from danger, even a small fire can grow rapidly.