Province Announces Details of Tuesday's Re-opening
Today, the province announced more retailers, seasonal businesses and health and community service providers who will be permitted to open or expand their services on Tuesday.
The government also announced additional seasonal services and activities will be permitted to open as early as Saturday, in time for the Victoria Day long weekend, including Golf courses Marinas, boat clubs and public boat launches.
Also on the list are private parks and campgrounds for trailers and recreational vehicles whose owners have a full season contract.
The province’s first stage of reopening will begin on Tuesday, and will include:
- Retail services that are not in shopping malls that has separate street-front entrances with measures in place that can enable physical distancing.
- Animal services, specifically pet care services, such as grooming and training, and regular veterinary appointments.
- Indoor and outdoor household services that can follow public health guidelines, such as housekeepers, cooks, cleaning and maintenance.
- Lifting essential workplace limits on construction.
- Allowing certain health and medical services to resume, such as in-person counselling and scheduled surgeries "We
To support business-owners, workers and the economic recovery of the province, the government has launched a website - Ontario.ca/ppe - an up-to-date list of Ontario companies and business associations that are ready to supply personal protective equipment.