Winter operations in Huntsville means closure of trails, parks and more
The Town of Huntsville is reminding residents that November 1st marks the start of Winter Operations.
In addition to snow removal, the town says they have a lot of outdoor spaces and amenities which require management or winterization ahead of the cold weather.
Changes to services residents can expect within the first few weeks of November include:
- The closing of Hunter’s Bay Trail for the season
- Portable toilets in most park locations have been removed for winter
- Water services at parks and outdoor town amenities has been shut off
- Roads and parks vehicles have been converted to winter operations
- The locks are closed for the season
- Furniture from parks has been brought in for the season, and
- All sport courts at parks will have netting removed and will be closed for the winter season