SPECIAL ALERT:

STAY SAFE - STAY AT HOME - PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCE - WASH YOUR HANDS 

THE WHO INFO PAGE   HEALTH UNIT INFO   ONTARIO'S COVID-19 INFORMATION PAGE   

TOTAL FIRE BAN - THE PROVINCE HAS DECLARED A TOTAL FIRE BAN - NO FIRES FOR ANY REASON

MuskokaONline.com News - #GOTLOCAL

First Death In Ontario Linked To Coronavirus - Simcoe Muskoka

Posted: 2020-03-17 14:52:29 By: jacob

It could be a few days before we know for sure if the man who passed away at Royal Vitoria Hospital in Barrie did indeed succumb to the Corona Virus.
Earlier in the day, a spokesman for Health Minister Christine Elliott said the 77-year-old man in the Muskoka region was a close contact of another positive case of COVID-19.  The health unit later corrected the statement, saying the man was from Barrie.
Medical investigators are still probing the situation, but says  the man, who was being treated for unrelated health issues passed away March 11th at the hospital. He tested positive for COVID-19 following his death.
The coroner's investigation is ongoing and more will be known about the specific cause of death in the days ahead. 


Day:Monday-datenum:1-CurrentDate:2020-04-06-Weekit:a