Lock It Or Lose It
T'was a month before the holidays with shoppers about, this also meant that, unfortunately, criminals were out!
But OPP say there are a number of ways to ensure that your purchases make it to the right person and do not end up stolen. The Police (OPP) are encouraging citizens to Lock It or Lose It.
Leaving your vehicle unlocked may increase your chances of becoming a victim of theft.
During the campaign, police officers may examine parked vehicles in public places such as shopping malls and/or public parking lots.
The police remind you to:
- Always roll up your vehicle's windows, lock the doors and pocket the key.
- If you have a garage, use it and lock the door as well as your vehicle.
- Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- Never leave valuable objects or packages in full view. Put them in the trunk.
- And never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.