Man charged with car theft, drug and weapons charges
Bracebridge OPP have charged one in relation to vehicle that fled from police, leaving one party outstanding.
Police say that on Monday at 3:30 p.m. a vehicle drove past a marked police cruiser at a high rate of speed. The vehicle was later located on Caroline Street in Gravenhurst. The vehicle was unoccupied except for a puppy that was abandoned when the occupants fled on foot. Bracebridge officers conducted a thorough investigation which determined the pickup truck was stolen from the West Elgin area.
Police have charged 23-year-old Jacob Miller from London, ON with:
- Theft of Motor Vehicle
- 2 counts of Possession of Prohibited device for Dangerous Purpose
- Carrying Concealed weapon
- Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was Firearm - CC 94
- 2 counts of Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the purpose of Trafficking
- 9 Counts of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
He will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Bracebridge on January 23, 2024 to answer to his charges.