Arson Takes Hunters Bay Radio Off The Air
Today Hunters Bay Radio was taken off the air as a result of an arson that took place at its transmitter facility in Dwight.
According to reports, vandals broke into the secured facility and poured an accelerant on equipment and lit it on fire.
While the fire did not affect our equipment, smoke and soot caused damage to several components of the transmitter which failed overnight.
Technicians are investigating the extent of the damage and were able to restore service at a quarter of our normal power.
Canadian Microwave and Hunters Bay Radio are offering a $1000 reward for any information that leads to an arrest in this case.
If you have any information on this incident, please contact OPP or Crime Stoppers.