Residents should be prepared for an emergency - Town of Bracebridge
The Town of Bracebridge says that with wildfires taking place across the country, it’s important to be prepared. All of Muskoka remains under a total fire ban and a Provincial restricted fire zone.
The municipality recommends you be prepared for any situation including:
- Preparing, updating and practicing your emergency plan
- Have a 72-hour emergency kit ready with the essentials needed to sustain you and your family for at least three days;
- Test smoke alarms and make sure you have one on every level of your home and outside of all sleeping areas;
- Remove any fire hazards in and around your home, such as dry branches, leaves and debris;
- Know how to turn off utilities;
- Make sure your vehicle has fuel at all times;
- Download and register for the Voyent Alert app for location-based emergency notifications; and
With the fires currently taking place in northern Ontario and Quebec, conditions will appear hazy and you may smell smoke. You do not need to report these conditions to your Fire Department.